Follow me as I attempt to teach myself to make gorgeous cakes.

I have almost NO experience in making professional looking cakes. None. I'm pretty good at making dinners and lunches and even breakfasts but desserts...desserts are a different story. I'm.. okay, but I'm not great. While keeping this blog, I hope to get better each and every day, or as often as I can afford ingredients. I'm going to teach myself to make professional looking desserts, one day at a time. <3




Saturday, June 18, 2011

Food Blog: Day 1.

     So, I decided to start a food blog all thanks to my little sister.  She asked me since she knows I like to cook, if I would make her birthday cake for this year, and then she proceeded to start spitting out ideas.  So I started looking on the internet for ways to teach myself to do it, and before long I realized that I really really REALLY want to do this. 

     So all day today I have been looking up and bookmarking recipes, how to pages, and much much more.  I'm actually getting started on it today.  I'm going to go to the store with my trusty list and get to working on it.  Tonight. So here you are, following me on my day to day, or week to week, depending on how much cash I have, journey to bettering myself in the kitchen, with the oven as opposed to the stove. 

     Occasionally, if I make something super kick ass for dinner or what have you, I'll post that recipe and picture as well.  So, thanks for reading, and I hope you all enjoy this as much as I know I'm going to.  <3

3 comments:

  1. Sweetness!!! Just added this site to my Bookmarks. I'm looking really forward to reading your blog posts, Skullerina. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm so excited for you that you are doing this! If you want I can send you some of my recipes that you can try. Baking is way harder for me too because I HATE measuring!
    You should check out Michael's. They have cake decorating classes. It could at least get you started. I'll tell you, that cake will be a lot easier than you think, once you know how they do it. They sell all of the stuff you'd need, from the fondant to the tools to cut everything, to the dye for the fondant. - Katie

    ReplyDelete