Follow me as I attempt to teach myself to make gorgeous cakes.

I have almost NO experience in making professional looking cakes. None. I'm pretty good at making dinners and lunches and even breakfasts but desserts...desserts are a different story. I'm.. okay, but I'm not great. While keeping this blog, I hope to get better each and every day, or as often as I can afford ingredients. I'm going to teach myself to make professional looking desserts, one day at a time. <3




Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 2: Hot Fudge Cake.

Finished Cake.
Sliced so you can see the chocolate ooze.

I tried to make it pretty, but hot fudge is too thick to drizzle, lol.
     So I made a hot fudge cake in honor of Father's Day.  It's a cake that I've been making for years now, and it costs roughly 5 bucks to make.  It will be a hit ANY WHERE you bring it.

You will need:

     * 1 pkg. German Chocolate cake mix.  I use Duncan Hines.
     * 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk.  I use Eagle Brand.
     * 1 jar of Hershey's Hot Fudge.
     * 1 jar Smuckers Hot Fudge.
     * 13 x 9 x 2 '' glass baking dish.

     Bake the chocolate cake as directed on the box. 
     Before it cools, take the back end of a wooden spoon and poke a bunch of holes in it.
     We do this so that when you cut squares the hot fudge oozes out, sort of like a lava cake.
     Next, open the can of sweetened condensed milk, and try to get it in all of the wholes.  Completely saturate the cake with this stuff.  It looks funny, but just trust me.
     Now, take the lid off of the jar of Smuckers Hot Fudge.  Heat it in the microwave on high for 30 second intervals until it's pretty much liquid, stirring between with the end of the wooden spoon. 
     Again, try to saturate the warm cake with the hot fudge.
     Repeat with the Hershey's Hot Fudge.
     Slice, and enjoy!!! 

1 comment: